Our mission is to be a national platform that coordinates effective participation of stakeholders in responsible natural resource and environment governance for the realization of rights of people particularly the marginalized to maximize benefits.
- Policy Dialogue and collective Advocacy
- Capacity Strengthening of CSOs
- Fundraising support to NRE CSO
- Information, Knowledge and Learning Portal
Key output Indicators
- Operational procedures (finance, administration & human resource) of Kasa Secretariat in place
- Strategic plan and fundraising strategy in place
- Competent core staff and basic admin support in place
- Functional CSOs led governance system in Place.
- Annual CSOs’ parallel NRE sector Review Forum (involving state and non state actors, media etc.)
- CSOs state of the environment report produced and disseminated, with decentralised stakeholder participation from three ecological zones in Ghana.
- Annual CSOs-Parliamentary forums.
- Coordinate the development of position papers of CSOs networks/ coalitions and working groups with their perspectives on specific NRE issues at CSO’s annual NRE platform reviews
- CSOs National Working Group on Climate Change and Environment and other regional networks functional
- Key organisational development documents (annual work plan, capacity development plans etc)
- Improved internal governance and accountability of CSO’s and their networks/coalitions strengthened as shown by results of the ‘Organisational and Advocacy capacity index’
- New communication channels/mechanism based on creative use of social media and ICT for NRE public awareness, social mobilization and people- centered advocacy undertaken in use by CSO’s
- Increased in number of media organisations and journalists championing NRE issues.
- Kasa website functional and regularly updated with media contributions including social media