Climate Finance Project
- The Ministry of Finance in collaboration with the Agence Francaise de Development (AFD) and Expertise France, through the Adaptive Action Facility, are organizing a two-day training workshop for some selected Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and Private Sectors actors in Ghana to provide a better understanding of climate finance tracking and mobilization.
- Expertise France and AFD are providing a technical support to Ghana entitled “Supporting Ghana in the transition towards a Climate Sensitive Government Budget”. The project is being executed within the framework of the Adapt’ Action Facility, managed by Agence Française de Development (AFD) and Expertise France.
- The project is being implemented by the international climate policy advisory “the Greenwerk” KASA Initiative Ghana and Germanwatch in collaboration with the Ministry of Finance (MoF).
- The overall objective of this project is to build capacity of some selected MMDAs, Private Sector actors and CSOs in Ghana, to track and facilitate access to climate financing and mobilization.
To support the MoF of Ghana, in particular, the ESRD and its NRECC Unit to monitor and facilitate access to climate finance by national public Institutions, private sector and the CSOs.
- Building the capacity of public officers from national Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) on climate change finance tracking and mobilization.
- Building the capacity of private sector and CSOs representatives on climate change finance reporting and mobilization.
- Analysis of the tools and approaches established for climate finance tracking in Ghana conducted.
- A manual for Ghana on how to access climate change finance is produced; and predefined in cooperation with the MoF.
- Training of 100 public servants (middle managers/technicians) on how to use the integrated MRV system for climate finance tracking has been conducted.
- Training of 60 CSOs and 50 private sector representatives on use of the climate finance tracking tools and how to access climate finance conducted.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE: https://www.facebook.com/Ikasaghana/